Things are falling into place quite nicely for the 2015 version of the U.S. National Aerobatic Championships, which take place September 20-25 at North Texas Regional Airport/Perrin Field in Sherman/Denison, Texas. Here is a list of the things that have been accomplished over the last couple months.
- The International Aerobatic Club (IAC) Welcome Trailer has been secured, along with enough funds to support it. It will have air conditioning, Wi-Fi, a refrigerator stocked with cold drinks and fruits, a coffee maker with cups, and sugar, and a hot water maker with oatmeal packets and bowls.
- All coffee and donuts for the morning briefings have been secured and funded. Morning coffee will be from the Java House up the road from the airport.
- All volunteer lunches have been secured and funded.
- All 12 trailer slots have been reserved. There will be a $25-per-night charge for all trailer slots to pay for utilities.
- Hangar space for all aircraft has been secured. Mike Plyler will be charging the normal $100 per aircraft for the contest period. Space has also been secured at Lake Texoma Jet Center (please fill out the online paperwork on the Nationals website or the Lake Texoma Jet Center website).
- The west side judges’ line is being treated with fire-ant killer and cleaned up.
- Sponsorships are still moving forward. 5g Aviation is funding Wi-Fi for the IAC Welcome Trailer.
If you are planning on renting a car for the event, please go to the Lake Texoma Jet Center website and fill out the appropriate paperwork. This is very important for you to secure your car reservation.
An opening ceremony will take place just prior to the initial pilot briefing on Sunday. Ellyn Robinson, our volunteer coordinator, is working hard on making this an awesome opening ceremony.
The Lake Texoma Jet Center will be sponsoring the Thursday night barbecue at the briefing hangar.