The second annual Chapter 26 Redlands Aerobatic Cup will take place over Labor Day weekend at KREI. The judging line is located on the airport itself and the lobby will be open for shade/AC during the day. It is a wonderful contest venue if you have not experienced it yet.
Registration, tech inspection and practice is Friday, Sept. 2, with contest flights Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 3-4. Registration opens at 9:00 am Friday and goes through sunset. Mandatory contest briefings are at 7:00 am at the airport terminal Saturday and Sunday morning.
- Please use this link, not the IAC system. This lets us print all your paperwork and have it ready to be signed. https://www.iacchapter26.org/registration.html
- Please check the volunteer box when registering and help out. To make the contest run it takes 20+ people a flight!
- If you are new to contests, use the contest checklist at the bottom of this page to make sure you bring the required documents, such as copy of your annual and insurance: https://www.iacchapter26.org/contest.html
- We can't run a contest without our very valuable volunteers. If you or your spouse/significant other would like to volunteer as a non-pilot, please sign up here: https://www.iacchapter26.org/volunteer-signup.html
- Volunteers working a full day get a contest t-shirt, poster, lunch and eternal gratitude.
- We have some how-to info on our site: https://www.iacchapter26.org/volunteering.html
- You may send your Free as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will print the required copies.
- If you are bringing paper copies, we need for Sportsman 20 A forms, 30 B&C forms, and Intermediate and above 10 A forms, 15 B&C forms.
- We do not have a copier so YOU are responsible for either emailing or bringing the correct number… or getting copies made yourself in Redlands by end of day Friday!
- Pilot entry fee will be $250 and will include a required IAC sanction fee, contest t-shirt, poster, flight medals, awesome HUGE trophies, special awards and the awards happy hour at the banquet.
- You may pay by cash or check at registration or by credit card at this link: https://www.iacchapter26.org/payment.html
- The contest box is immediately north of the airfield.
- The traffic pattern will be moved to the south for the three contest days. This means left traffic for runway 26, which is the calm wind runway. Do not approach the airport directly from the north as you’ll be in the box.
- REI has self-serve fuel very close to the contest parking area in front of the terminal building.
- Bring chocks if you have them as portions of the ramp slope.
- There are no hangars available.
- Our wavier is only Fri – Sun, so there is no early practice in the box.
The contest hotel is the Ayres Redlands. We have a discount code (below), but you may be able to find better rates. There are several hotels in the same general vicinity in Redlands. Last year, the Ayres did sell out on the holiday weekend so book early. Click link below or call the hotel and ask for the International Aerobatic Club rate. There should be enough vehicles at Ayres to get people to/from airport.
Ayres Hotel Redlands, 1015 W. Colton Ave, Redlands, CA 92374, Phone: (909) 335-9024
Our awards will be given out during a 6pm happy hour at the local Redlands restaurant Batter Rebellion, with its punk rock attitude, creative drinks and tasty food worthy of Instagram. They are at 5 Citrus Ave. in the cute downtown with free street parking and a two-story parking structure one block north.
We are doing an online auction this year so everyone can check out the items donated and maybe get some good deals! All proceeds help fund this contest and make it awesome! virtualauction.bid/redlands2022