Dates & Times:
Additional Info (contacts, cost, etc.):
This course presents the basic concepts of aerobatic judging. This is a 2-day class. This seminar presents the "Introduction to IAC and the Aresti Language" session on day 1 and the "Practical Aerobatic Judging" session on day 2.
Day One - Introduction to IAC and the Aresti Language:
- Review of Requirements for becoming an IAC Judge
- Overview of the Competition Arena
- Introduction to the Aresti Aerobatic Catalogue
- Learning the Aresti Language
- Constructing Aerobatic Figures
- Review of Catalogue Families
Day Two - Practical Aerobatic Judging (Recurrency Session):
- Contest Flight Program Rules
- Checking a Freestyle Sequence
- Detailed Judging Criteria
Upon completion of this course new Candidate Regional Judges will be qualified to volunteer as an Assistant Judge at any IAC competition, and will have completed one requirement towards becoming an IAC Regional Judge. For previously certified Judges, attendance at the Practical Aerobatic Judging session of this training will fulfill recurrency requirements for attending a Judges Seminar as defined in IAC Rule 2.6.3.
Day one and two required for new Judge candidates. Day two required only for current judges that did not meet their judging requirements in 2018.
Cost: $40 for one day, $80 for both days (to cover food + beverage - we'll have breakfast snacks and lunch)
Contact Dave Watson, dave.watson7 [at] comcast.net with any questions and RSVPs.