The International Aerobatic Club will retire its championship trophies at the annual member reception July 28, Saturday, evening at the IAC Aerobatic Center on the EAA convention grounds. The buffet starts at 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Since the IAC championships were discontinued this past year, the IAC Championship (Fond du Lac) trophies will be formally retired and recognition will be given to all past trophy winners.
The trophies that will be retired include:
- The Keith Allan Cup awarded to the first place winner of the Four Minute Free Program at the IAC Championships.
- The Fond du Lac Cup awarded to the winner of the Fond du Lac Cup invitation competition.
- The Elroy French Trophy awarded to the highest placing pilots regardless of category who is not a U.S. citizen at the IAC Championships.
- The Krier Cup awarded to the winner of the power Unlimited category at the IAC Championships.
- The Pitts Cup awarded to the pilot achieving the highest percentage of available points in any category at the IAC Championships.
- The Pitts Aerobatics Trophies awarded to the first place winners of the Sportsman, Intermediate, Advanced and Unlimited categories at the IAC Championships.
Also scheduled is the announcement of new member aircraft insurance program offered by evening sponsor Falcon Insurance Agency.
Earlier in the evening are the United States Aerobatic Foundation presentations, including special recognition of:
- Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) and his efforts to secure the team’s transportation to the World Air Games in Spain;
- Bob Minkus, past Chairman of the U.S.A.F. Board
- Jay Wickham for his support of the Cub Raffle Program