You are invited to enjoy a practice weekend at Sawyer International (KSAW), May 10 -12, 2019
This will be hosted by SAW Control Tower, SAW Airport Management, EAA 850, Marquette County Flying Club, Boreal Aviation (FBO), and the local community. For our Canadian friends, although we are called “International” there is no Customs on the field.
- Free hangar storage, probably one of the previous B-52 hangars
- Discounted fuel
- Home hosting, no motels required
- Ground transportation provided
- Existing airspace waiver within the Class D airspace
- Tower will allow low lines down to 328’
- See box overheads below, maybe some markers, we’ll see
- Media coverage
- Saturday night social
Bottom line…………. the only cost is getting here.
Arrive Friday or Saturday, leave Sunday mid-day. SAW is the only controlled airport in the Upper Peninsula and extremely GA friendly. Marquette is a very warm and welcoming community and rallies around events like this. We realize we’re a little off the beaten track but we think you’ll like it once you try it. It’s a beautiful area to fly in. We plan to do this annually if it becomes popular.
We will need:
- Number of people (male/female) for home hosting
- Staying Friday and/or Saturday night
- T-shirt size (it may become a collector’s item)
- Number and type of aircraft
Please direct RSVPs and comments to Roger Bentlage 906-250-3231 or bentlage [at] tds.net
Box location (on Left) with an East-West wind direction and Box location (on Right) with a North-South wind direction.